Greenwich Catholic School
Director of Admissions, Full Time, 12-month Position
Greenwich Catholic School provides students with a life-long intellectual and spiritual foundation through a rigorous and innovative curriculum focused on faith, critical thinking, responsibility, and service.
The Director of Development reports directly to the Principal and is responsible for the integration of the School’s development, marketing, enrollment, and communications functions. Additional responsibilities include oversight over special events; the annual fund, individual giving, major, and planned gifts; alumni relations; donor relations; prospect management; publications, digital media and public relations. He/she is a member of the School’s leadership team and works closely with the Board of Directors, the Administration, and faculty and staff to support the School’s mission and achieve strategic goals. This position requires the employee to demonstrate Christian joy in attitude and demeanor and actively recognize and support the mission of Greenwich Catholic School.
The Ideal Candidate
Understands and communicates the School’s mission and philosophy and programs; Works well with parents, faculty, and administrators in school settings; Possesses very strong organizational skills; Exhibits superior communication skills, both written and verbal; Has strong interpersonal skills and personal qualities of integrity and responsibility and an ability to maintain confidentiality; Is high-energy, creative, and able to multi-task; Promotes collaboration; Seeks to be a transformative leader.
- Expand philanthropic support for the School’s institutional priorities in order to achieve annual and long-term fundraising goals established by the Board of Directors;
- Maintain aggressive pace of development activity, accountability for achieving results, ensuring effective systems/procedures are in place for all development functions;
- Ensure that all development efforts are directed at increasing donor support;
- Conduct ongoing prospect research, cultivation, and solicitation;
- Provide monthly Advancement activity report to the Principal and the Board of Directors in order to assess progress, set goals, and evaluate effectiveness of Advancement strategies in accordance with the Strategic Plan;
- Oversee all donor relations communications including but not limited to: receipts, acknowledgment letters, special impact messaging, and reporting;
- Develop and implement giving programs and events targeting key donor and constituent segments;
- Plan and execute fundraising events, including the annual Benefit, and develop new events, activities and platforms as necessary;
- Review annually all funds raised and develops strategies for increasing annual fundraising goals;
- Write grant applications and reports as needed;
- Prepare Board reports for the Advancement Committee
- Ensure brand quality and consistency are apparent all print and electronic communication across departments, activities, and events;
- Assist in the design and production of the school’s major communications deliverables, most notably the website, annual report, marketing videos, admissions collateral, and social media channels;
- Coordinate external contractor relationships to support the production of communication tools including print materials and digital subscriptions;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the school website;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the annual school calendar.
- Educate all school constituencies about mission;
- Broaden and deepen constituent engagement with the School, developing meaningful relationships with alumni and community members;
- Serve as liaison to the Advancement Committee;
- Solicit input from stakeholders on major initiatives, manage data collections, and evaluate tactics in support of fundraising, marketing, and communications plans;
- Identify, recruit, train and manage volunteers;
- With the Principal, work with internal staff to maintain a high level of customer service, positive public relations, and represent and promote the school as part of the local community;
- Collaborate with the Parents Association to encourage volunteerism, stewardship, and community building;
- Maintain a positive, optimistic, practical environment to encourage volunteers and staff to constructively engage in the fundraising process and mission advancement;
- Attend Board meetings as necessary
- Maintain donor and alumni database;
- Record, track, and acknowledge gifts and pledges;
- Conduct general office operations including mailings, processing payments and handling of matching gifts;
- Coordinate with business manager to ensure correct reconciliation of funds from the annual fund, matching gifts, and special events;
- Assist in the maintenance of the school website and calendar;
- Design graphics for marketing and communications as needed;
- Assist in the registration process for returning families
- Collaborate with the Institutional Advancement team, which includes the Director of Enrollment and the Director of Communications and Marketing, to ensure high quality work, provide strategic direction, and effectively distribute responsibilities within the office and build professional competencies;
- Develop and manage the annual Institutional Advancement budget
BA/BS; MA/MBA preferred; 5+ years’ experience in admissions/advancement, marketing, or sales, preferably in a Catholic school setting or non-profit organization.
- Strong commitment to Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, both one-on-one and to public audiences
- Highly organized and high degree of initiative
- Extensive experience utilizing databases producing statistical reports
- Positive, “can do” attitude, flexibility, collaborative working style, and attention to detail
- Must be available for evening / weekend events as necessary
- Participate in Diocesan-sponsored professional development opportunities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director of Development as subject line of the email.